The ESI Scheme has the aim to offer convenient free services to both employers and employees through the information portal and services portal. As a part of this, compliance and payments are taken through a web portal. Employers can give monthly support through the portal. The online payment is enabled for SBI account holders possessing the net banking facility.
Two relevant aspects of doing online payment:
- Internet Banking Facility with user id and Password
- ESIC user id and password (this will be generated online through ESIC service portal).
- One can login with ESIC user id and password which will give during registration.
- After doing login, the user will get the hyperlinks of each module which will make you go to different sections.
Process Online ESIC Payment:
- One can file the monthly contribution through” Online Monthly contribution Screen.”
- On yielding “preview” page will be seen.
- To submit the monthly benefaction details to ESIC click “Submit”.
- It is user-friendly information.
- Click ok to proceed further with online payment.
- After submitting user can make the online amount through net banking by clicking on Pay Online.
- Click on “OK” to proceed further with the online payment.
- Pen down the Challan number. Click On continues to go for payment this will redirect to SBI payment page.
- The user needs to provide net banking details and then will be able to make the amount.
For generating e-Challan:
- Go to the ESIC website: www. esic.in
- Enter the login details and click on the button login.
- Select Recovery/ Defaulter Challan option for doing further
- Now the user will be sent to the next page, where one requires clicking the Submit button for giving Challan Number.
- One can Pen down the challan number for further information to the payment medium.
- Selection of Payment modes will be given for making payment easier.
- Click on the button of Payment after checking the details of the payment.
- One can make Challan through Bank also.
After getting the Challan, one can make an online payment using E-Challan
- Click generate Challan link, the screen will direct, click on option “view”.
- Select the online option and click submit button. A message will be displayed, and a user should click “OK” on the message
- Confirmation of Successful transaction
- Click on the last button of “Online Challan Double” verification connection.
- Double verification of Challan page will be displayed. Now type the Challan number in the column of Challan number and click submit.
- Now reprint the success page.
What are the issues one can face?
- Funds shortage
- Transaction failing due to connectivity issues
- User forgot the login id and password
- Failure of ESIC site in redirecting the online Financial Institution Portal.
- Transaction unsuccessful due to link issue etc.
- The unsuccessful transaction can be done again by clicking on the link “Online Challan Double”.
It is excellent to precede the payment process through online but each credential and details must be checked before selecting anything for the procedure.